PDA

View Full Version : swissarmy : questions and problems

hepatik
02-26-2013, 11:35 AM
1) Script Title: Swiss Army Slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD):http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/swissarmy/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

Dear jscheuer1 !

Iīm integrating your wonderfull swissarmy slideshow to my homepage. Itīs working quite well, but I have few little problems and questions.

Iīd like to put the controllers not on top of the images but below the images. Or better to have the controllers in a <div> and able to position them whereever I like. Iīm also wondering if it would be possible to have links as controlers instead of buttons.

I know that the topic was already discussed and I found your blog entry with the modified swiss_2.js script and your example: http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/side/files/swiss_updateb.htm
I integrated the updated code, but I donīt know how to use it to resolve my questions. (my lack of competence:p)

It will be two slideshows on the page, I named them "slide1" and "slide2". It works but it appears below the slideshow the word "undifined"
Do you have any clue ?

You can see it here:

romainloeser.net/sketchbook/sketchbook.html

If you can drop an eye on this I would be very gratefull.
Thank you, I really appreciate your work.

very best

Charlotte

jscheuer1
02-26-2013, 03:58 PM
There are at least two things about that page make it hard to manage. There's a lot of position absolute used in its layout. And the images themselves are matted (the images contain blocks of white space that shift their apparent position as seen against a white background). That's two. The fact that the styles on the page, at least some of them, are also in the stylesheet is perhaps another thing that makes dealing with the page harder than it has to be.

That said, this looks close to what you say you're looking for:

http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/side/swissarmy/sketchbook-h.htm

Use your browser's "View Source" to see the code.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

hepatik
02-27-2013, 08:25 AM
Hey John,

Thanks you so much for the quick reply, itīs exactly what I needed. Now I can design the buttons and position them in the stylesheets, thatīs great.
Regarding the images and the white space, I pasted all images in a bigger white document so that the image size is the same for the entire slide show, but I just realize that I can set a maximal width and height with the swiss army knife, so that It wonīt be necessary anymore.

Thank you for that great script and your help. :)

very best

Charlotte

hepatik
03-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Dear John, hello again,

I wonder : is it possible to define a background color in the slideshow ?
something like : background_color='#F6F6F6';
I tried, but it seems I need an other term...

once again thank you for your amazing code and help !
best greetings

charlotte

jscheuer1
03-05-2013, 03:26 PM
On the demo page there is a table which lists the options. The one you want is fadecolor, example:

slides.fadecolor='#F6F6F6';