PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needing menu help

TitanJeff
01-23-2006, 05:52 PM
This is my first attempt at CSS and love it but am having a problem.

I am using the ChromeCSSMenu as a starting point. I eliminated the graphics and modified the colors, links, etc. All was going well.

I imported it into a GoLive (mac) layout. To get it to work properly, I placed it in a table so it would not move the other elements around. It looked perfect in Firefox for mac but not IE for either the mac or pc.

So I tried it again by putting it into a no edit tag. Same thing.

I've been over to the GoLive site and have gotten anywhere. I was hoping someone here might know what I need to do to make this awsome menu work across all platforms.

The link to the test page is: www.mmeducators.org/mmetest.html

Thanks for any help provided.

Twey
01-23-2006, 06:11 PM
My suggestion is not to use GoLive!. An ASCII text editor of your choice will do fine.

TitanJeff
01-23-2006, 06:16 PM
My suggestion is not to use GoLive!. An ASCII text editor of your choice will do fine.
I appreciate it but I've not done that before. I know enough html to damage something. Is there not another option?

Twey
01-23-2006, 07:17 PM
I appreciate it but I've not done that before.Got to start somewhere :)

TitanJeff
01-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Right.

Other options? ;)

There has to be a way to use this code in GoLive.

Twey
01-23-2006, 07:33 PM
There probably is, but you should be asking a GoLive! expert about that. Being as you said you've already asked at GoLive!'s site, that's the only other option I can offer you.

TitanJeff
01-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Finally figured it out.

A flash block I had under it was blocking the pull downs from showing. It worked fine on the mac but not on the pc. I just had to tell the .swf file to be transparent and it was fine.

Thanks.