PDA

View Full Version : Background Help Please

Emg
01-23-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm using dreamweaver mx and have a background that's plain with a girl to the right of it. I want it to be aligned to the right but i have no idea how to do it. I don't want a repeat of the image. I was thinking if i resized it it may work but then i thought it would probably just stretch the image across the page.

This is the web address so you can see what i mean. Right now the girl is just poking out a little bit from the right side.

http://emg.t35.com/index.php

I would really appreciate any help as i'm trying to get this site up and running as soon as possible. :)

Twey
01-23-2006, 12:47 PM
<style type="text/css">
body {
background-color: #cf9862;
background-image: url(Images/KateBackground.jpg);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: right;
}
</style>
Be careful with other resolutions, though.

Emg
01-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Ok thankyou for that but i tried it and it's too far to the left. Have a look and you'll see what i mean. Is there anyway to get it just over to the right a little more?

Twey
01-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Chop some of that blank space off the left and put it on the right in an image editor.

Emg
01-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Gave that a go and it didn't work. No matter how much more i put from the left back onto the right it didn't move at all. I was thinking maybe i was doing something wrong. I did what you said in photoshop and then saved it over the one that i already had as my background. Then just to be sure i went into page properties and reset the background again, to make sure it had the new one. Then loaded the page to my server again. Loaded the background to the server again. Still hasn't changed. Surely there is some way to align it properly?