PDA

View Full Version : Simple Gallery

HotelsInColombia
01-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Hi there, was wondering if anyone can help me.
I have a booking control on my website and when the calendar opens this one goes behind the pictures from the simple gallery and you cannot see the dates:

hotelsincolombia.net/index.html

Also I one of the pages the hyperlinks next to the simply gallery doesn’t work . The link is on the text ‘Go To Travel Guide’ . The problem only occurs in GoggleChrome, IE is working good, this is the page:

hotelsincolombia.net/BOGOTA/en.html

Looking forward for any useful help.
Regards,
Jaime Lalinde
Amsterdam (Holland)

jscheuer1
01-22-2013, 04:29 AM
In the future, please post about Dynamic Drive Scripts in the Dynamic Drive Scripts Help section here where I've moved this thread, and:

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script(s) in question in your post. See this post (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7) for more information.

For the first one, set the calendar to z-index 1010. Put this in the stylesheet:

#ui-datepicker-div {
z-index: 1010 !important;
}

The browser cache may need to be cleared and/or the page refreshed to see changes.

The other I'm not sure yet, but I see what you mean. I'll get back to you on it.

jscheuer1
01-22-2013, 09:18 AM
OK, the other problem, the one on the page with the map isn't the slideshow. It's this div:

<!-- /MaxMind Booking Control en map -->
<div class="autoheight" style="width:950px;position:relative;">
<div class="autoheight" style="width:270px;border: 1px solid #f0f0f0;background:#f0f0f0;float:left;border-left: none;">
<div style="margin:5px 0px 5px 10px" id="maxmi

I can't see any reason for its being position:relative; If you remove the position:relative;:

<!-- /MaxMind Booking Control en map -->
<div class="autoheight" style="width:950px;">
<div class="autoheight" style="width:270px;border: 1px solid #f0f0f0;background:#f0f0f0;float:left;border-left: none;">
<div style="margin:5px 0px 5px 10px" id="maxmi

The links work fine.

The reason it's not a problem in IE is that div has no background so the mouse can "see through" it. All other browsers do not behave this way though, not for a positioned element. If dropping the position:relative; causes a problem, let me know. And let me know which browser(s). In limited testing here it doesn't appear to cause any problem.

The browser cache may need to be cleared and/or the page refreshed to see changes.

HotelsInColombia
01-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Works perfect John, many many thanks!!

HotelsInColombia
01-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Perfect, thank you!!!