PDA

View Full Version : Vertical lines in

pacbobsf
01-19-2013, 12:53 AM
1) Script Title: Flex Level Drop Down Menu (v1.3)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/flexdropdown.htm

3) Describe problem: I just recently noticed small (probably 1 pixel) vertical lines left after the drop down menu goes away. This only seems to happen in Chrome. In IE it does not happen. It happens in Chrome randomly. Sometimes it does not happen. One web site that has the problem is www.predyct.com. I attached a screen grab of the problem. This used to work perfectly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 4885

jscheuer1
01-19-2013, 06:44 AM
They're artifacts. Some browsers just have glitches like that and it can be very hard determining the fix. In this particular case, it also appears to be related to the lack of a right border on the the UL's (a change you made to the css). We can fool Chrome into thinking there is one though. Add the highlighted to the stylesheet:

.flexdropdownmenu, .flexdropdownmenu ul{ /*topmost and sub ULs, respectively*/
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:14px;
font-weight:500;
/*font: normal 14px Verdana; */

text-align:left;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
position: absolute;
left: 0;
top: 0;
list-style-type: none;
background: #FFF;
border-right: 1px solid transparent;
/* border: 1px solid black; */

border-bottom-width: 0;
visibility: hidden;
display: none; /*collapse all sub me

That fixes it here, other browsers should either ignore that, or be OK with it.

pacbobsf
01-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Awesome. Thanks much. That did it.
Just an aside. The site has been up for over a year and this is the first time that I observed the lines.
Odd, maybe something changed in Chrome or ???

jscheuer1
01-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Yes, it could be that something changed in Chrome. It could also be the removal of the border. When did that happen? Or it could be that you only recently noticed.

These are the two main possibilities:

1.) Chrome was always like this and only recently you removed the border by commenting it out in the css file there and/or only recently did you notice.

2.) Chrome did something that changed its behavior here. They do frequent automatic updates, so it's possible they changed something that affected this.

There could perhaps be more. But logically speaking I think that covers it.