PDA

View Full Version : Google Search Terms Highlighter

marain
01-16-2013, 03:07 AM
Error appears when clicking on the google.js link in Step 2 of the Google Search Terms Highlighter script on http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex10/googlehighlighter.htm.

A.

jscheuer1
01-16-2013, 03:43 AM
Works fine here. What browser are you using and what specific error are you getting?

First though, try right clicking on it and then chose "Save As".

marain
01-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Browser is IE 8.0.7601.17514 (64-bit)

Unable to right click, never get that far. Here's the message:

Error message is:

Windows Script Host
Script: c:\Users\Allan Marain\AppData\ Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\content.IE5\CGULMTHV\google[1].js
Line: 89
Char: 1
Error: 'Window' is undefined
Code: 800A1391
Source: Microsoft JScript runtime error

A.

jscheuer1
01-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Windows Script Host should never be involved. That's only used when the computer thinks that you want to run a javascript as a standalone program. What exactly are you doing that causes that error?

Oh, by the way. On the demo page on Dynamic Drive. If I run the page in IE 9 64 bit in its IE 8 mode (closest I can get to the browser you mention), I get no such error.

Do you get this error on the Dynamic Drive demo page? Or is it something you're doing on your own computer?

marain
01-17-2013, 12:28 AM
OK. My bad. And it embarrasses me to say this. I _left_ clicked on google.js. I misunderstood
Step 2: The above code references an external JavaScript file, which you can download here: "google.js" (right click , and select "Save As"). to require a left click before the right click.

Sorry.

A.