PDA

View Full Version : Resolved downloading a zip file from a nested folder

james438
12-31-2012, 05:10 AM
I am trying to use a folder on my website for storage and have it protected with a .htaccess file. If the file to be stored is located in the root directory the file can easily be downloaded if I point to the zipped file with a link, but not if it is in a sub folder. Any idea why the zipped file can only be downloadable if it is located in the root file and not in a subfolder within my site?

EDIT: I'm still researching this. It seems I can download my zipped file if it is found within certain sub folders.

EDIT: This post has been edited for clarification (I hope). I also posted the solution below.

Nile
12-31-2012, 05:12 AM
Are you referring to the htaccess file when you say file? Also, could you be a little bit more clearer on what the question is. I'm not completely sure I understand the issue.

james438
12-31-2012, 05:24 AM
I'll rewrite the first post for clarification. I actually just solved the problem. Apparently the permissions of the folder were set to 700 as opposed to 705. It hadn't occurred to me to check the permissions of a folder before. I had always just checked the permissions of individual files.

I have since added a .htaccess file for security purposes.