PDA

View Full Version : Navigation

leeegglestone
01-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Ive made some progress on my Vertical Navigation!!

http://www.geocities.com/traveladvisorlee/000.html

How do i remove all the white that its surrounding Destination. and also when u click destination and it shows the List, how can i have these as the same blue as that side of the Page? and how do u make the gaps in between smaller? When you hover over the Links,they turn red, i want them to be more noticeable.

Is it easy to make the List actually open when you either Hover over Destination, and the list return to normal once uve made your selection or move the mouse away from the List?
I dont want it so that if I have 3 or 4 Main menus each with their own sub-menus, how a user to be able to click and expand each of them the page will look terrible

Is there a way for the Links to open up in the Centre of my Site?

To see my progress, here is my previous version
http://www.geocities.com/traveladvisorlee/index.html

Twey
01-21-2006, 08:55 PM
How do i remove all the white that its surrounding DestinationTried applying padding:1em; or padding:auto;?
when u click destination and it shows the List, how can i have these as the same blue as that side of the Page?Apply background-color:transparent;.
Is it easy to make the List actually open when you either Hover over Destination, and the list return to normal once uve made your selection or move the mouse away from the List?Yes.
<a href="javascript:void(0)" id="main_text_1" class="main_text" onmouseover="toggle_dropmenu('sub1')" onmouseout="toggle_dropmenu('sub1')">Destination</a>Also add onclick="toggle_dropmenu('sub1')" to your choices.
Is there a way for the Links to open up in the Centre of my Site?Yes.
<a href="http://www.hotels.com" class="sub_text" target="cwindow">Dubai</a>

leeegglestone
01-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Ok i have used the code and adapted my Menus, alot better thankyou.

It seems that in between moving the mouse+hovering over the sub menus, its difficult with the timing, uve gotta be quick to make sure that u activate one to stay before u can click to open it. how do u improve this? There is a gap between Australia+the bottom of the cell, ive tried too change this however when i do, the Next Subject, in my example 'amy' jumps up into the Destination Cell

I tried the code to make a link open in the center window but it just opened up a new Page.

Im getting quite excited, making some progress on the Navigation thats been doing my head in for ages

Any other points on this would be great, before I start to create more Options on the Side

www.geocities.com/traveladvisorlee/000.html

leeegglestone
01-26-2006, 09:37 PM
still having same problems

Twey
01-27-2006, 04:52 PM
You have multiple elements with the same id. If you want to apply a style to more than one element, use a class.
For the mouseout problem, in the mouseout event, try something like this:
onmouseout="if(event.clientX > offsetLeft + clientWidth) toggle_dropmenu('sub1')"This should, in theory, stop the menu from closing when the mouse is moved below it.

leeegglestone
01-27-2006, 07:32 PM
thanks have tried that and does improve it
(have not uploaded it tho)

On the links that I click how do i direct these to open up in the center of my frontpage. in the area where Name my Site etc is.

And my navigation.
Can I simple copy all the Code used for the Destination Subject
Paste it below and change the names and then this new Subject will work the same as the previously created one?

Twey
01-27-2006, 08:05 PM
thanks have tried that and does improve it
(have not uploaded it tho)Can you upload it so I can test what I did, please?
On the links that I click how do i direct these to open up in the center of my frontpage. in the area where Name my Site etc is.I'm sorry, you need to create an iframe. I was confused by the Geocities frameset. Set the link's target attribute to the name or ID of the frame.
Paste it below and change the names and then this new Subject will work the same as the previously created one?Yes.