PDA

View Full Version : Banner rotator check...

SRHEdD
12-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Banner Rotator

--------------------
1) Script Title: MultiFrame Image slideshow

2) Script Url (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/multiframeslide.htm
--------------------

http://www.phantomlights.com/indexTEST.html

Can anyone please check this code and tell me why it isn't rotating images? There are three uploaded, only two show and those two are static. New test links work though, just not rotating in the third banner. Once working, I'll adjust files and links, these are just dummies to get it working.

Thanks!

Steve

Beverleyh
12-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Don't forget the link to the script on DD! Makes life do much easier http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/multiframeslide.htm

I could be wrong but I think the slideshow *is* working - it appears that you have the "var slidesdelay=20" set so fast that it looks like nothing is happening. You have it set to 20, which is equal to 100th of a second. The demo is set to 2000, which is 2 seconds. Increase the slidesdelay back to 2000 to see if that makes a difference then let us know the outcome.

bernie1227
12-12-2012, 10:27 PM
I don't think that it is working, as even modifying the value of slidesdelay in chrome devtools does not make it work. I think it's a good idea to look at this error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'filters' of undefined indexTEST.html:209

SRHEdD
12-12-2012, 10:52 PM
I don't think that it is working, as even modifying the value of slidesdelay in chrome devtools does not make it work. I think it's a good idea to look at this error:

That's canned code I'm not supposed to edit. I fixed the time back to 2000.

Still nothing.

bernie1227
12-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Found the issue, find this line in the script(line 208):

var slideobj=document.getElementById("seqslide"+slideindex).getElementsByTagName("IMG")[0]

and adjust it to:

var slideobj=document.getElementById("seqslide"+slideindex)

It worked for me.

SRHEdD
12-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Well, it is rotating...but it is including all three files in two rows instead of just two side-by-side. We're close though!!!

bernie1227
12-13-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm having trouble with my local copy of it, so this is a bit hit and miss, but try adjusting this line:

var slidestoreveal=2

To:

var slidestoreveal=1

SRHEdD
12-13-2012, 12:54 AM
LOL!!! 3=2, 2=1, sure... okay... that'll never work... DOH!!! Worked.

Now to adjust the sizes so they stay on one line...

THANKS!!!!

bernie1227
12-13-2012, 01:28 AM
Well, it seems the odd stab in the dark works!
If this thread is finished, please set it to resolved.
You can do this by editing the first post within the thread - Pressing go advanced - Then where it says no prefix, selecting resolved then save.

SRHEdD
12-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Well, it seems the odd stab in the dark works!

Okay, seems to be rotating now! Oddly, the combined width of the two banners can't approach the table width or it will kick it into two rows. That leaves and ugly space on the right I can't address. Is there code I can add that will center this script in the space? It appears it is left justified. I'd love to make the banners full width, but at least a symmetric space on each side would be better than current spacing.

THANKS!!!

SRHEdD
12-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Looking better! Any way to eliminate padding in the script? It wont put both banners side-by-side AND max out the table width for some reason. OR... how would I add code to center the scripts so it is at least symmetrical?

bernie1227
12-13-2012, 11:00 PM
If you are in fact talking about removing the padding between them, this is remarkably simple. In the CSS, just change this:

/*set CSS for SPAN tag surrounding each image*/
.seqslidestyle{
margin-right: 15px;
}

And replace with this:

/*set CSS for SPAN tag surrounding each image*/
.seqslidestyle{
margin-right: 0px;
}

SRHEdD
12-13-2012, 11:40 PM
That's seems to work, along with centering the banners. I'll adjust the widths of the banners tomorrow for the final "fix". THANKS!!

SRHEdD
12-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Last question in this regard...

Removed the padding (THANKS!!), adjusted the banner size, made all the table widths the same, everything SEEMS to work fine, but...

There are 5 banners in rotation. After they cycle through, it repeats, but the pair "jump" for four cycles, then it stops, runs again normally, the "jumps" again.

What to do to make the jumps cycles top? Repeat the banners in reverse order?

SRHEdD
12-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Nevermind, seems to have cleared up... weird.