PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed on Expandable Sticky Bar...



Akhenaton
12-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Good Afternoon Folks,

I ve been recently trying to implement "Expandable Sticky Bar" on my 3 different page. I have managed to display perfectly fine in 1st page. But I coultn't be able to handle it on the other pages...

As far as I understood, if I would like to use this script on more than 1 pages, that I have to assign different unique names in each case. And that's where I got stuck. Could anyone be kindly inform me, which specific lines that I have to assign a new name and change it accordingly.

To be more specific, there are 3 files that I have to assign new names, I believe...!

1 - expstickybar.js
2 - expstickybar.css
3 - open.gif, close.gif ( I don't know, do I have to do anything for those images ?)
4 - stickybarcontent.htm

It's call "Expandable Sticky Bar" and the details files are in display here: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/stickybar.htm

I need help desperately.

Beverleyh
12-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Hi

Are you wanting to use external footer content files? And if so, the same for all the pages or a different one for each? I only think you need to define multiple instances / new IDs in the "expstickybar.js" file *if* your external footer content files are different. Maybe.

But, I believe that if you use externalcontent:'' in "expstickybar.js" (ie - no external footer file), then you can define your <div id="stickybar"> content in the actual page, and you don't need to worry about defining any new IDs. As long as there is nothing else on the page with the id="stickybar" then it should work fine.

For further help, please post a link to your page so we can see what you've attempted.

Akhenaton
12-11-2012, 03:09 AM
Thank you so much your kind reply Beverleyh,

Indeed, I realised that no need to define any new ID's. However, I also find out, the script was having a conflict with SSL on that specific pages.
I am writing what cause of this, so if anyone can face this in near future; it might help.

What happend was, the script in "head" section start with "<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>"
As you can see source is coming from google. And google won't let you use this script in "https://".
If you publishing the code in normal "http://" page, its function normal but if you try to run that script on active SSL page, Chrome capture the script and assign as insecure content. That's what generates the problem.

So what I did was, I deleted the part of the source code and used only "//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js" and published like that. That way, google recognised the code, even if its comes from https://...

Works like a charm.

Thanks again for your reply.