PDA

View Full Version : jQuery Gooey Menu Confllict Problem

psonar19
12-10-2012, 04:53 AM
1) Script Title: jQuery Gooey Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/gooeymenu.htm

3) Describe problem: I am trying to implement gooeymenu on my latest project, i have the following lines in order
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<head>
script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.8.2.min.js"></script>

<script src="js/gooeymenu.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="js/jquery.waitforimages.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="js/functions.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

</head>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what seems to be the problem is that, gooeymenu seems to interfere with my other jquery scripts and all of them stop working except gooeumenu. Even simple codes like $('.something').hide(); dont work. I have allready triied commenting out the jQuery.noConflict() but that does not work either. What i want to know is that is there a order of using gooeymenu, the fun thing is , when i paste gooeymenu js script link below all the js links gooeymenu doesnot work either . Please help , im on a deadline.

Beverleyh
12-10-2012, 07:16 AM
It's always worked fine when I've used it.

Sorry, We can't really tell much from a bunch of file names.

Please post a link to your page so we may assist you further.

bernie1227
12-10-2012, 11:30 PM
If anything, it sounds like an issue with a broken script, although we can't check that without a link. The fact that simple jquery won't work also suggests that the script that is broken, if any, is the link to jquery. First thing to do, is start commenting out script references until jquery works. If that doesn't work, you should do this anyway, but refer to the google hosted jquery:

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.0/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

rather than a local one.
Apart from that, as Beverly said, post a link to the page.