PDA

View Full Version : AnyLink Drop Down - drop down menu - Help!

Catbeanie
11-15-2004, 01:17 AM
Script: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/dropmenuindex.htm

This drop down menu is exactly what I am after.

I am using Frontpage 2002. I have cut and paste all the code into default.htm and then I hav cut and paste the heading "Geelong" into the shared border at the top and it works but only once. :confused:

The url is www.sfs.org.au and mouse over "Geelong" choose a drop down link - it goes to it.... go back to the top of the page (ctrl home) and it doesn't work again.

Any ideas appreciated .....
Cheers

ddadmin
11-16-2004, 04:24 AM
Hmmm it still works for me after clicking a link in the menu and pressing back to return. What browser are you using?

Catbeanie
11-18-2004, 08:44 PM
Internet Explorer 6 is the brower I am using -

Catbeanie
11-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Ah - just figured out why yours worked - because you pressed back!

Click on a drop down link (only Geelong works at this stage) then go to the top of the page (ctrl home) and it doesn't work even after pressing refresh.

Catbeanie
11-22-2004, 03:21 AM
Any ideas please... should I be using a different drop down menu.....?

xia
11-22-2004, 07:03 AM
you have to paste the javascript code in each and every page u want the drop down menu to appear. & not just default.htm.
u have to paste the drop down menu script in the head section of all the other pages too. then it will work.

hope this helps.

ddadmin
11-22-2004, 10:38 PM
Xia is right- the script has to appear on every page that will have the drop down menu, unless I misunderstood your question.

Catbeanie
11-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Thank-you.... although....

This now poses another question...... I am using Frontpage 2002 with shared borders but I cannot see the top shared border html code anywhere. I rang my service provided who usually helps with these odd questions and he couldn't find it either so I am back to square one!

I have been creating the code in the default page, then copying and pasting it into the top shared border using the "normal" view tab in frontpage, but then it is only in the file "default.htm" and the borders aren't being shared...

Any ideas where the top shared border is stored in frontpage (html code) ?

ddadmin
11-25-2004, 12:34 AM
I'm not familiar with shared border in Frontpage, though I gather your web host has to support FP extensions in order to work. That's on the server's side.

A much better way to easily include the same content (or script) on multiple pages is to use Server Side Includes. Your web host has to support this (ie: .shtml). See this tutorial for more info: http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/externalhtml3.shtml