PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Animated Collapsible DIVs on Mobile Phones



FranklinF
11-20-2012, 04:25 PM
1) Script Title: Animated Collapsible DIV v2.4

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/animatedcollapse.htm

3) Describe problem: the demos at the above URL do not work very well on my Android phone (jerky or not at all).

So I should not be surprised if the sliding effect which works perfectly on my Windows7 laptop on this sample page:
[sample pages removed because problem was resolved and the sample page is now irrelevant]

does not work at all on my Android, not even on the version of the sample page which uses jquery.mobile-1.2.0.min.js.

I find no reference on this website or forum to adapting this script for use on mobile phones. Is it not possible to make divs slide on mobile phones?

traq
11-20-2012, 05:08 PM
The script uses jQuery, not jQuery Mobile. You second example doesn't work because jQuery is not available.

BTW, your first example (http://www.opernplan.net/m/wnm.cfm) works fine for me on Android.

FranklinF
11-21-2012, 08:00 PM
I will try the first example on my sister's iPhone when she gets home. And I will try to find out why it doesn't do anything on my lousy LG Android phone. Thanks for looking at my sample pages, traq.

FranklinF
11-21-2012, 08:26 PM
I found out why the sample page works on your Android but not on mine. The sample page was located at http://www.opernplan.net/m/wnm.cfm. But my mobile was being redirected (by the mobile detector function at the domain index page) to the subdomain http://m.opernplan.net/wnm.cfm. I was referencing the DynamicDrive script with a relative reference, which didn't work from the subdomain address. I changed the reference to an absolute one (http://www. etc.) and now the sliding script is working just fine on my mobile! Problem resolved!

traq
11-21-2012, 09:22 PM
good to hear.

If your question has been answered, please mark your thread "resolved":
On your original post (post #1), click [edit], then click [go advanced]. In the "thread prefix" box, select "Resolved". Click [save changes].