PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow not displaying in Internet Explorer 8

tnd1000
11-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

Hey there! Hoping this will be my last question regarding the slideshow.

Two of the users on my site (one of them being the client I actually built the site for) are on Internet Explorer 8, and dial-up internet. The slideshow doesn't display at all for them, though all my other users seem to be able to see it. Also, I do have it set to the latest jQuery version.

Any ideas on what's causing this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Beverleyh
11-19-2012, 05:31 PM
It's not a fault I've ever noticed when I've viewed it with IE8. We don't know how your site is setup though so post the link and we'll have a better chance of helping you.

jscheuer1
11-19-2012, 05:44 PM
If you mean this page:

mypetsonparade.com/pages/parade/

That works fine here in IE 8. But I have a 100mbs connection, not dialup. If it's some other page, let me know what page. Otherwise it's either the slow connection or something about the browser's settings or maybe both. I vote for the slow connection. Those are some pretty hefty images @ about 50K apiece. Not so bad for a fast connection, but dialup? I'm laughing.

The script will not run until the first image is loaded. Tell them to wait one hour at least before giving up.