PDA

View Full Version : ddlevelsmenu problem with zoom / problem with refresh

BodoF
11-18-2012, 02:01 PM
1) Script Title: ddlevelsmenu 3.02

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddlevelsmenu/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hello,

thanks for this valueable script, works fine for me except these issues:

Set your screen resolution to 1280 x 800 and your browser to full screen (problem occurs in all current browsers).

Click: http://www.augusta-bochum.de/index_neu.html

Hover over "Medizin" and then hover over "Kliniken".

The upcoming submenu is not aligned at the bottom of "Kliniken", but at the top of the browser window.

Navigation is hard to perform.

Restated:

I have a structure like this: mainmenu item / submenu / subsubmenu (the last with quite some items in it).

The problem occurs at the most upward item of the submenu.

The subsubmenu has to be opened upwards what it does. But the alignment of the bottom of the subsubmenu is not at the bottom of the submenu but higher (it is positioned at the top of the window leaving only some few pixels overlap between the submenu item and the bottom of the subsubmenu list making hover navigation difficult (in all current browsers).

When investigating I found that there are differences in the position of the subsubmenu after zooming in the browser (text only) or changing window size.

After "Refresh" in the browser the position is correct again. I assume that there are events missing to recalculate dimensions, offsets etc. when zooming or window size modification occur.

I would appreciate any help.

Regards
Bodo

Thanks for helping
Bodo

jscheuer1
11-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Easiest solution might be to add another item to the subsubmenu.

ddadmin
11-19-2012, 08:00 AM
Hmm strangely if I save your page and run it locally, the issue is gone. Anyhow, firstly, you should remove the following initialization call from your page:

<script type="text/javascript">ddlevelsmenu.setup("ddtopmenubarindex2", "topbar");</script>

It looks up the DIV with ID ddtopmenubarindex2", which as far as I can see isn't a DD Levels Menu.

BodoF
11-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks ddadmin for that hint, you are right.

But the modification (see updated file mentioned above) does not resolve the problem.