PDA

View Full Version : Automatically populate a page with specific data

igotregistered
11-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Hello, I'll try and be as descript as possible without rambling.

I have a website which I can automatically add videos via google/youtube api. It's all built into the script I use, (which I paid for and is ioncubed).

The videos I add are pro sports players.

I would like to create pages for the players which are stand alone, and will automatically populate into a table with that person's own video each time I add a new one. The table would have identifiable info such as date, teams, and opposing players. Hopefully all adding in ascending order by date.

Is this possible?

Thank you

Beverleyh
11-13-2012, 04:03 PM
I dont know about your paid-for script, but I think you can do what you want with embedded youtube playlists - you'd just need to make sure that you upload each player's video to their own playlist.

igotregistered
11-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Hi @BeverlyH, thank you for reply. May I send you a message to show you what I'm talking about on my site?

Thank you

Beverleyh
11-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Its best to post in the forum so you get more coding experts checking things out for you.

I'm about to head home for the evening and I wont be on a computer until the morning!

igotregistered
11-13-2012, 04:16 PM
I understand. Basically I'm not looking to have play lists automatically populate.

Once a video is added to the site through the API it goes into whatever category I add it to. The new video is then clicked to submit and gets posted similar to like what Youtube looks like. I don't mind all of that.

What I'd like to do is create custom pages I can dedicate to each specific player, with BIO info and underneath I would like to have a table with their own video info which would populate with the latest videos, almost like an RSS each time I add a new video to the site through the API.