PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade In Slideshow - White pixel problems

adamr415
01-18-2006, 07:55 PM
I implemented the Ultimate Fade-In slideshow (1.5) script into a site I am developing and had no problem getting it to work. The problem now is that I have these random white pixels appearing in the images. They only appear on IE, not firefox. I have checked all the images in Photoshop and Fireworks and the white pixels don't appear there. I have re-compressed all of these in a variety of formats and still no help. They seem to be occuring randomly. After the show runs a few times they seem to go away. Any ideas on this one? Is there a way to redraw each slide after it appears at 100%?

Thanks

Problem in action: http://www.hmconline.com/lubron

ddadmin
01-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Firstly, please make sure your page complies with our usage terms (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/notice.htm), namely, that the credit notice must remain intact.

adamr415
01-25-2006, 08:05 PM
I apologize for leaving out the credits. I do appreciate all the hard work you guys do. I have fixed it and uploaded the new files. Any help would be great....

Thanks

jscheuer1
01-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Those look like jpeg artifacts, or what I refer to as jpeg artifacts. I've encountered this before with the IE page transition, fade. When you say you've tried other formats, which ones other than .jpg did you try (I found that .gif eliminated this problem)? Anyways, my solution was to use the retouch tool and smudge the areas, though several attempts were needed, as sometimes the dot would just move. However, since you say they disappear after a time, that makes me think it may also be a background color bleed through thing as, after the slides cycle through a few times, a slide is underneath each slide, when the script first plays, all that is there is the page or element background color. Near the beginning of the script there is a configuration for:

var fadebgcolor="white"

Try changing that to "black" or "gray" and see if there is any difference.

andanthor
06-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Im having the same problem with the white pixels on black areas of jpg images. Gif seems to work fine, but I need them to be jpg (gifs are 2 to 3 times larger for my type of image and degrade because of the palette).

Changing the background color as you suggested didnt work.

Any other ideas?

jscheuer1
06-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Anyways, my solution was to use the retouch tool and smudge the areas, though several attempts were needed, as sometimes the dot would just move.

That is a way to do this for .jpg files. It can be tedious and there may be a better way (say - using other filters with the retouch like darken or, maybe a filter like despeckle for the whole image or, something) but, it works.

ajudd
04-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Hi everyone

We've been researching this issue here and the answer is with the true black colour in JPG images being treated as transparent in IE 6.

Have a look at our discussion about this here

http://www.alexjudd.com/?p=5

Regards

Alex