PDA

View Full Version : Site Crashes In IE7

round
11-06-2012, 02:14 PM
http://s382386654.onlinehome.us/wordpressdemo/

This is my site crashes in IE7. I guess slider is a problem.
Can you please suggest me what is actually going wrong?

If this is a slider problem then if it is possible please suggest where and what to change.

Thanks
Kaushal

Beverleyh
11-06-2012, 07:53 PM
So can you confirm that if you take out the slider, the site remains stable in IE7?

It that's the case, just add back the slider in parts (line by line of HTML and CSS) until you find the exact point at which the site fails.

Ive had sites be unstable in a certain browser and all it came down to was an ill placed max-width in the CSS but going through line by line was the only way to narrow it down.

Good luck.

jscheuer1
11-07-2012, 02:50 AM
Crashes my IE 8 as well.

round
11-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Thank you Beverleyh and jscheuer1 for your replies :). I think slider may be the problematic so let me just remove it and check. If it may be the same issue then I will ask you that what may be the problem in slider.

Thanks
Kaushal

jscheuer1
11-07-2012, 08:54 AM
I made a local mock up of the page and it, including the slider ran fine in IE 8, although there were some script errors reported.

So I'm thinking it's not the slider, rather something that runs on the server that will not run in a local mock up. As to what exactly that is, I'm not sure. Here are the errors I got in IE 8:

Object doesn't support this property or method jquery.js?ver=1.7.2, line 4 character 20786
Object doesn't support this property or method jquery.js?ver=1.7.2, line 4 character 20786

Which is a problem in the animation routine of jQuery triggered not my the sliding action, but rather something about the script associated with the nav buttons associated with the slider.

Perhaps if the slider were initialized onload instead of at document.ready, that could fix that.

But that might have nothing to do with the problem when the page is live, which, as I say crashed the browser. Because of that, there's no error message available for that.

round
11-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Thank you John for your kind reply. I am trying to put that on onload instead of document.ready
Thanks you again John.
I am going to post here whatever the result of this.

Thanks
Kaushal.