PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Ajax Content on Apple Safari

jamesglondon
01-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Script: Dynamic Ajax Content
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxcontent.htm

As others have already said, thanks for this excellent script. Should be very useful, especially in loading dynamic PHP content without refreshing the page.

So here's the 'but': I have it working fine on Windows with both IE and Firefox, but Apple Safari doesn't like it at all (neither my versions nor the example on DD), and just doesn't do anything. Has anyone out there managed to make it work properly on a Mac??

Twey
01-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Works fine here with Konqueror, which is also KHTML-based. What's your version of KHTML? Mine is 3.5.

jamesglondon
01-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Hmm, Apple don't tell you the equivalent KHTML version, but it's OS 10.3, Safari 1.1, webcore v100. I'm just downloading the OS 10.3.9 update, which is supposed to include Safari 1.3/webcore 312, so we'll see if that fixes the problem.....

mcqueena
06-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the script! Has this issue been resolved with Safari. It does not work in Safari. I am using it straight out of the box. It works great in other browsers. In Safari the first page is loaded in the sidebar div, but no replacements are made. For testing the URL is www.genesisgraphix.com click on 'services'. The sidebar and footer are replaced by the script.

mcqueena
06-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Ok I fixed it. I was replacing the pages in the divs with a blank page called blank.php. I added an empty gif to the blank page and it now works in Safari.

luciano
12-03-2008, 04:42 PM
How? donīt get it, wanna explain more on how u solved it? Iīm using .net. You replaced it with a blank page? and an empty gif..doesnīt it work without one or what?

Plz help me out!

www.berhin.net is my site!