PDA

View Full Version : A page with multiple video players (youtube) each having playlists with thumbnails

molendijk
10-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Some time ago, I was asked here (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?65768-YouTube-playlist-embed-question/page2) to create a page with multiple video players (youtube) each having playlists with thumbnails, as a replacement for the youtube app on iOS for showing youtube playlists with thumbnails, which doesn't work seem to work well (on ipad/iphone). I made something that turned out to not exactly be what the person asked for. I forgot all about it until I suddenly had an idea on how it might be done. Here (http://mesdomaines.nu/eendracht/include_video_multiple_playlists2/youtube_thumbnails.html) is the result, with lots of explanations. (I hope this is what was asked for).
Arie Molendijk.

djr33
10-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Seems to be working for me. (If you recall a similar demo page crashed Firefox for me. Maybe it was something else on that other page that wasn't working.)

molendijk
10-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Thanks Daniel, that's very helpful. I'll rebuild the other demo you're referring to along the lines of this demo. (This demo has different divs for different playlists. The 'crash-provoking' demo had one div for all the playlists). Although FF didn't crash on my computer with the other demo, I now know how to make it safer. Thanks,
Arie.

bernie1227
10-07-2012, 03:06 AM
tested and working in; safari 5.1.7, google chrome 22.0.1229.79, internet explorer 9 and opera 12.02
The only issue appears to be:
in opera, the div full of video icons is not high enough, and the bottoms of the icons are being cut off.

molendijk
10-07-2012, 09:27 AM
in opera, the div full of video icons is not high enough, and the bottoms of the icons are being cut off.
Yes, I noticed that too. It's because of the horizontal scroll bar, I think. It's no real problem, because it's only noticeable after viewing the page with other browsers too. But if it's annoying, I could repair this with a if(window.opera) line.
Thanks,
Arie.

bernie1227
10-07-2012, 09:31 AM
I think that it is noticeable enough to be worthwhile changing, simply for script compatibility if nothing else.