PDA

View Full Version : Tab Content v2.2 & IE8 problem

jmedinger
10-04-2012, 07:33 PM
1) Script Title: Tab Content Script (v 2.2)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/tabcontent.htm

3) Describe problem:

Having an issue with *IE8* on the following site myredpacket.co.uk

The Tab Content script is installed on the product pages - see:

myredpacket.co.uk/product.php/6312/173/young-girls-filled-stocking-deluxe

and on first load the page seems to stall and not load the tab content and a page refresh is required to load the full content (and thereby the rest of the content on the page)

I've moved the tab initialisation javascript right to the end of the page (before the </body> tag) to try to get the rest of the page to load but with no success.

The fact that the page can fully load with a refresh shows that the script works but something is affecting it on first load on a product page

Any help / fixes would be gratefully received!

ddadmin
10-05-2012, 06:00 PM
With more obscure cases like this one, try doing the following. First, duplicate the problem page, then slowly remove various parts of it to see if you can isolate the culprit. Begin by removing the scripts that are not Tab Content script related, then other HTML markup if necessary. Reload the page at each turn to see if the Tab Content script works as a result.

jmedinger
10-06-2012, 12:52 PM
OK - I've done as suggested and I have to offer an apology for claiming it was your code that was at fault!

We were using some social media icons delivered from 'addthis' and their code was intefering with the tab content and also the page loading in general.

Removing their script has resolved the issue!

So - once again, apologies for blaming your script and thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

jscheuer1
10-06-2012, 01:13 PM
addthis is tricky. It's best if it's the last thing on the page. Even then their could still be problems, it's all in how it's used. If you were to put up a demo of the problem again I might be able to figure out how to have it coexist with the rest of the page and with the tab script.