PDA

View Full Version : browser features (hide menubar, scrolls, toolbar, etc)

nacobo
01-16-2006, 01:10 AM
Hi, iīm doing a portfolio that will be executed in a cd rom (autorun) and itīs a swf. The thing is that i have 3 .mov that i place in diferent htm pages. In flash y made a link to the url (geturl) and because it doesnīt let me put javascript in actionscript I put some javacode in the htm to resizeTo and moveTo, the thing is i wanna hide toolbars, adress bar, etc (elements of IE), i triyed with some self.window(features) but i didnīt work, iīm a begginer in java.

is there any code to make hide scrolls menubars etc of the actual SELF window (no open browser o popup)

well thanks

ddadmin
01-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Unfortunately no, I'm not aware of any way (JavaScript or otherwise) to change the attributes of the main window such as hide its scrollbars. These things can only be done on a window that has been opened by the script, such as JavaScript.

yukisan
01-10-2007, 08:21 AM
you may do so with css

code sample can be found in here
http://auxy.com/discuz/viewthread.php?tid=163&extra=page%3D1

djr33
01-10-2007, 02:05 PM
That only works for the scrollbar and only for elements that have scrollbars within the page. I don't think it works for the body (though it miiiiiight).
The issue is all of the various '-bar's... menubar, scrollbars, statusbars.

In the end, you're not doing it the right way. To create an application, use a programming language. Websites are great easy shortcuts, but this is one (if not the biggest) problem with doing that. Sorry... but... it's true. Not too much you can do to get around it.