PDA

View Full Version : Javascript menu help

QuizToon
01-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Hi all

I was wondering if someone could take a look at this file (http://www.quiztoon.co.uk/downloads/js.txt) please. Some time ago a friend wrote it for me and it worked perfectly ok. I stopped using it for a few years but want try and use it again.

Problem is that it deosnt work properly, I think I must have done something with it without realising it. I am not that good with javascript but have tried to spot anything obvious but I am afraid I am out of my depth with it.

It is supposed to look like this

Links Quiz
Scores
Links
Humour
Tournament
E-mail me
Rogues

When you click on one of the links, eg Links Quiz it opens up the first link and opens a sub menu underneath and the page you are on was highlighted

Linksquiz
- Current
- Previous
- Submit
- Past Quizzes

I must admit this is a big ask but I would appreciate it if someone could show me where to make any amendments or point me in the direction of a script that does this kind of menu.

Thanks in advance

Humbly bows and scrapes to superior knowledge

12345c
01-16-2006, 07:46 PM
This script is work normally. For example, I change current page name with script to xxx.htm and insert fnAddLink("- Scores", "xxx.htm", true);//"linksscores.shtml". Generated code of page is:
<p class="linkstitle"><a class="linktitle" href="current.shtml">Links Quiz</a></p>
<p class="linkstitle">Scores</p><p class="linksitem"><b class="linklistselected">- Scores</b></p><p class="linksitem"><a class="linkpage" href="battle.shtml">- Guys vs Gals</a></p>
<p class="linksitem"><a class="linkpage" href="loyalty.shtml">- Current League</a></p>
<p class="linksitem"><a class="linkpage" href="totals.shtml">- Current Totals</a></p>
<p class="linksitem"><a class="linkpage" href="oldloyalty.shtml">- Old Leagues</a></p>
<p class="linksitem"><a class="linkpage" href="oldtotals.shtml">- Old Totals</a></p>
<p class="linksitem"><a class="linkpage" href="winners.shtml">- Winners Gallery</a></p>
<p class="linkstitle"><a class="linktitle" href="quizlinks.shtml">Links</a></p>
<p class="linkstitle"><a class="linktitle" href="humour/oldtimers/index.shtml">Humour</a></p>
<p class="linkstitle"><a class="linktitle" href="tournament.shtml">Tournament</a></p>
<p class="linkstitle"><a class="linktitle" href="mailto:%20toon@quiztoon.co.uk">E-mail me</a></p>
<p class="linkstitle"><a class="linktitle" href="rogues.shtml">Rogues</a></p>
Maybe, your pages or extensions are changed and you have generated code without submenu already. Change names of links corresponded to current file names.