PDA

View Full Version : Switch content II: iframe challenge

Alexandervandongen
01-15-2006, 02:30 PM
I am using the switch content script II:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/switchcontent2.htm

I have split the divs from the images that show the state the divs are in.
That is working ok, but if I place the divs in an iframe (for faster loading, the do not have to wait on the whole page to be loaded), there is a problem you can see over here:

http://home.student.uva.nl/alexander.vandongen/linxhandig/test/tijdelijk/iframebug.htm

As you can see it works ok. But if you refresh the page or entering the page for the second time, the switches do not show the state, the divs are in. If you click the switches right then, the second time you click the switch it is showing the proper state again.

Can someone please help me with this problem.

It would help me alot!

Alex

Alexandervandongen
01-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Found a way to do it :D

corbinb2
01-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Glad you got your issue worked out, but might I suggest on behalf of all answer seekers on this forum, that you post how you got it to work...:D This is just good etiquette when posting problems on the forum.

I am not an admin, but having used this forum a great deal to find answers, more times than not, a problem/question comes up only to have the thread end in... "I figured it out thanks..." Very frustrating to those looking for an answers...lol

While this particular problem is not one I am experiencing, I'm sure others are and would find it helpful to know how you fixed it. It's a simple way to give back to the community that provides you with free scripts to use as well as FREE support through this forum.

Hope I'm not over the line here, but thought it needed to be said for the sake of all posters and seekers alike. ;)

Alexandervandongen
01-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Glad you got your issue worked out, but might I suggest on behalf of all answer seekers on this forum, that you post how you got it to work...:D This is just good etiquette when posting problems on the forum.

You're right. I placed layers in the main page. They are also closed and opened, but you don't see it. So the cookie for the two pages is the same. And it works great now.