PDA

View Full Version : Featured Content Glider - print CSS - all content showing at once?

Beverleyh
09-19-2012, 02:51 PM
1) Script Title: Featured Content Glider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentglider.htm

3) Describe problem:

I've just playing around with a print stylesheet on a page using the content glider - the code below ensures that all the content is visible via print preview, but only once all the content slides have played out;

<style type="text/css" media="print">
.glidecontentwrapper, .glidecontent { visibility:visible; }
.glidecontentwrapper { height:100%; }
.glidecontent { position:relative; }
</style>

Here's an example: http://jemthingsandstuff.co.uk/testing/featured-content-glider/

If you're really quick at going to print preview after a page refresh, you'll see what I mean.

Preview too early and all the content slides haven't had time to load in yet, but if you wait for a full rotation to play out in your browser, and then go to print preview, all the content slides show nicely.

My question is, how can I made all the content slides show immediately in print preview without having to wait for them all to play out?

jscheuer1
09-20-2012, 03:56 AM
<style type="text/css" media="print">
.glidecontentwrapper, .glidecontent { visibility:visible; }
.glidecontentwrapper { height:100%; }
.glidecontent { position: static; }
</style>

Beverleyh
09-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Ah, splendid!

thank you John x

cybergirl
03-25-2013, 10:22 PM
My problem is the exact opposite of Beverley's. For printing in IE, I want only a single div at a time to show. What's currently happening is that all the divs are showing overlapping each other:

berezanmanagement.net

Prints correctly from Firefox and Chrome - information only for the property selected is visible on the printed page. In IE however, information for each property overlaps so that nothing is legible. FYI, I am pulling div content from an external file.

jscheuer1
03-26-2013, 02:29 AM
Your page is not using the glider script (the script that this thread is about). in fact, it's not using any Dynamic Drive script.

If you want help with this, please start a new thread in either the javascript or css forums.

Oh, and if I view the page you link to in your post with IE 10 in any of its modes (IE 10, 9, 8, or 7), I see only the currently displaying image.

So, if you do make a new post on this, be sure to include the exact page where you are having the problem and the exact browser, including version and OS.