PDA

View Full Version : how to make all the text glow?

iimperfection
01-12-2006, 05:00 AM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex10/glowtext.htm

i wanna to make all the texts glow.. can someone teach me ?:confused:

jscheuer1
01-12-2006, 07:40 AM
Disclaimer:

This is not really a script, it is css style. In 99.99% of the cases, folks who see a site with all glowing text will be put off by it, choosing to go elsewhere, rather than put up with the distraction, illegibility and eyestrain that a page full of glowing text can cause. Fortunately, this effect will only work in IE5+ and IE5+ enabled browsers when set to IE5+ mode. Still, that is most. So I guess it isn't all that fortunate, at least not for the browsing public. There may one day be severe civil and/or legal penalties for designing pages with all glowing text. There already may be such penalties in places like Singapore.

You can now understand why I say that I sincerely hope there is no controlling legal authority currently applicable to my telling you what the demo page for this effect already says:

Step 2: Now, to fire up some text, wrap it with the below span tag:

<span id="glowtext">This is a glowing text</span>

To have all your text glow, just wrap it all in tags like these. If your text is all in one place, just wrap it all in one big span tag. Otherwise, wherever text appears on your page, wrap it in one of these span tags.

Notes: To be technically in compliance with the latest guidelines on style, the style section should look like so:

<style type="text/css">

.glowtext{
filter:glow(color=FFFF00,strength=3);
width:100%;
}

</style>

and the span tag like so:

<span class="glowtext">This is a glowing text</span>