PDA

View Full Version : combining CRAWLER. JS with image enlaging script........a hiccup

MichaelG
09-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Hello to all.......new member who has been playing around with crawler.js for a while (and others on DD).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
posted this initially in the javascript forum, but realized it might be more appropriate here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a web guru by any stetch of the imagination, but have managed over the past several years to combine simple scripts to create some simple websites for customers I do a little photography for.
When I run into a snag, trouble shooting the problem is above my paygrade :) so I rely on the more enlightened folks in cspace.

I've been trying to get this page to behave, but to no avail. Seems to work properly in IE and Firefox, but in Chrome and Safari there is a hiccup.

http://www.studioivphotography.com/Test.htm

If I scroll in the reverse direction from the initially displayed direction, mouse over the left hand side of the scrolling images, and click on one of the fist few images that
appear coming in from the left, the expanded image opens in a new window rather than the same window. This only seems to happen once, and upon initiating the "go back" command/button of the browser
it seems to be fine. As mentioned this only seems to happen in chrome and safari.

I have tried using another imaging enlarging script also (shadowbox.js) with the same results. I like using the Magicthumb image enlarger because I can create the thumnail and enlarged image borders (in this case, orange) using the
associated Magicthumb CSS

fwiw, the <div id="horizont"> <div id="content"> and associated CSS allow the image scroller to always appear in the vertical center of the window, plus or minus, regardless of the viewers screen size/resolution; I run into the same problem
when using just a single div on the page.

Hope this makes sense.

Any tips on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

crawler.js

marqueeInit({
uniqueid: 'crawler',
style: {
'padding': '20px',
'width': "100%",
'height': '255px'

},
inc: 8, //speed - pixel increment for each iteration of this marquee's movement
mouse: 'cursor driven', //mouseover behavior ('pause' 'cursor driven' or false)
moveatleast: 2,
neutral: 50,
stopped: false

});
</script>