PDA

View Full Version : Fading the Ultimate Fade Slideshow

WebSurfer
09-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Hello everybody,

I'm using the ultimate fade slideshow (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm) (with imagemap, thanks to jscheuer1).
Now I need to fade out the whole slideshow when I mouseover a different element.
But there is obviously a problem using jquery fade on the slideshow that uses fade itself.
I tried Mootools, that works, but I don't want to use another framework.

I'm sure there must be a solution since Jquery and Mootools are both (just ;-) JavaScript.

Thanks for any help!

jscheuer1
09-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Part of the problem probably is that the slideshow puts jQuery into noConflict mode. And I must say this question strikes me as a little too general. That said - say your slideshow is in a div with an id of fadeshow1, then you should be able to have another element on the page like:

<div id="fadeoutshow">Fade Out the Show (anything can go here really)</div>

And in the head of the page, after the scripts for the slideshow you can put this script:

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(function($){
$('#fadeoutshow').mouseenter(function(){
$('#fadeshow1').fadeOut('slow');
});
});
</script>

That should do it because it avoids any limitations imposed via noConflict mode. The browser cache may need to be cleared and/or the page refreshed to see changes.

And specifics about the page might require tweaks. But in general (assuming I've made no typos) this will work.

If you want more help, please include a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

WebSurfer
09-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Hi John,
that was it, indeed. It works. Thank you again sooo much.
It would have taken me a while to figure that out... if ever...
I will be more specific next time, don't want to unneccessarily confuse helpful people ;-)

Thx.
Tom