PDA

View Full Version : AnyLink Drop Down Menu background colour change works in all browsers, except IE

Devon2Web
01-10-2006, 07:00 PM
www.mouneeb.com/eller/

I've implemented the script. I've checked it in Firefox, Opera and IE. It works great in both FF and Opera, however, the Mouse Over background colour doesn't change in IE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jscheuer1
01-10-2006, 08:02 PM
IE will not do :hover on anything that isn't a link. Because of this, to get the hover effect in IE, you will need to rewrite this and similar:

menu1[0]='<a onClick=document.getElementById("middle").src="profile.php?item=1";document.getElementById("right").src="blank.php";document.getElementById("bottom").src="blank.php";>Experience</a>'

to:

menu1[0]='<a href="#" onClick=document.getElementById("middle").src="profile.php?item=1";document.getElementById("right").src="blank.php";document.getElementById("bottom").src="blank.php";>Experience</a>'

Ordinarily, you would also need to add 'return false' to prevent the page from going to '#' but, I think that the script takes care of that for you, if not, add it like so:

menu1[0]='<a href="#" onClick="document.getElementById(\'middle\').src=\'profile.php?item=1\';document.getElementById(\'right\').src=\'blank.php\';document.getElementById(\'bottom\').src=\'bl ank.php\';return false;">Experience</a>'

Devon2Web
01-10-2006, 08:12 PM
PERFECT!!!!

THANK YOU! Site is now completed.