PDA

View Full Version : DHTML-iFrame-SSI-IV

MarvinVideo
08-24-2012, 02:34 AM
In reference to:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?28662-DHTML-iFrame-SSI-IV

This script has worked brilliantly on the site I'm building except for one thing. I have it so that each button on my navigation bar opens a page in the iframe and extends the same iframe to the height of the loaded page. This works perfectly on all the pages except one and then only in Webkit browsers. It works fine in IE and FF, but in Chrome, Safari and Amazon's Kindle browser the iframe only extends about halfway down the page. Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

jscheuer1
08-24-2012, 03:00 AM
I've pretty much abandoned this script in favor of jQuery based AJAX solutions. However, if you're only have trouble with one page and only in webkit, it might not be too hard to resolve. It sounds like absolute or fixed positioning and/or floats are in use on the external page. That can make it difficult to measure the page.

Something else to consider though is that if you're testing locally, webkit will often refuse javascript communication between pages in different folders, seeing them as being on different domains. Once the installation is live, if that was the problem, it should take care of itself.

If you want more help, please include a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

MarvinVideo
08-25-2012, 10:28 PM
To see the page, go to www.MarvinVideo.com and click on "PHOTO" in the navigation bar.

Honestly, I'm kind of embarrassed for anyone to see the code; this is my first time writing a website and the whole thing is exceedingly jerry-rigged plus there's still a few more things to do before it's all the way finished. But I'm just about ready to be done with the the thing, so I'll just have to get over it.

jscheuer1
08-25-2012, 11:11 PM
On the MarvinPhoto.htm page around line #93 try changing the highlighted as shown:

div.img img
{
display: inline;
margin: 3px;
border: 1px solid #ffffff;
vertical-align: middle;
align: center;
/* height: 88.3%; */
width: 88.3%;
/* max-height: 10%; */
}

The browser cache may need to be cleared and the page refreshed to see changes.

Even if it doesn't appear to work, leave it like that until I can check it.

MarvinVideo
08-25-2012, 11:33 PM
It works! Wonderful! Thanks a million, John.

giuma
08-26-2012, 03:17 PM
I've pretty much abandoned this script in favor of jQuery based AJAX solutions. However, if you're only have trouble with one page and only in webkit, it might not be too hard to resolve. It sounds like absolute or fixed positioning and/or floats are in use on the external page. That can make it difficult to measure the page.

Something else to consider though is that if you're testing locally, webkit will often refuse javascript communication between pages in different folders, seeing them as being on different domains. Once the installation is live, if that was the problem, it should take care of itself.

If you want more help, please include a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

First of all thank you for the iss iframe script, I'm using them a lot and are great except for a few minor problems,
Can show an example code of an alternative jquery/ajax based based solution with iframe?

I think div are not good because in the case of absolute links in the external source you are directed outside while using iframe we can keep the navigation in originl page

thans again in advance for help

jscheuer1
08-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Please start a new thread for a new question.