PDA

View Full Version : anylinkmenu problem

ailisWesties
08-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Hi: I'm new to this forum. I do my own website but am not very proficient at coding of any kind. I recently downloaded the "anylinkmenu" script. At first it seemed to work OK but I wanted to change some of the colors. After I did, some of the links in the drop down menus no longer worked. I could not figure out why so I basically started all over again - downloaded and over wrote the original files I used and recopied the script that goes in the header. I gave unique names to the first two 'var's' in the menucontents file and added a few pages. But now the menu does not even drop down.

Here's the home page to my website and the drop down menus are inserted in the second line of the navigation bar.

Ailis Westies (http://www.westiehighlandwhiteterriers.com)

If anyone can see what's wrong, I would sure appreciate it! I did not make any changes to the other js or the css files.

MaryAnne

ailisWesties
08-22-2012, 12:04 AM
This is an update to the problems I'm having.

The items in the drop down menu are showing up again but of 18 total items under 5 different main menus - 4 of them do nothing when you click on them. 2 of 2 items under - Our Westies:
Tribble.php and aidan.php

- and 2 of 5 under Resources:

caringSupplies.php and otherServices.php

When I type these file names in, there is NO problem loading them.

I've tried retyping the page names, etc a million times but there are no errors that I can see - but then after 2 days of trying to understand what I'm doing wrong, I'm probably not seeing right anymore.

Hi: I'm new to this forum. I do my own website but am not very proficient at coding of any kind. I recently downloaded the "anylinkmenu" script. At first it seemed to work OK but I wanted to change some of the colors. After I did, some of the links in the drop down menus no longer worked. I could not figure out why so I basically started all over again - downloaded and over wrote the original files I used and recopied the script that goes in the header. I gave unique names to the first two 'var's' in the menucontents file and added a few pages. But now the menu does not even drop down.

Here's the home page to my website and the drop down menus are inserted in the second line of the navigation bar.

Ailis Westies (http://www.westiehighlandwhiteterriers.com)

If anyone can see what's wrong, I would sure appreciate it! I did not make any changes to the other js or the css files.

MaryAnne

jscheuer1
08-22-2012, 01:20 AM
The problem is that the links are jumping away before they can be fully clicked. Around line #291 in the http://www.westiehighlandwhiteterriers.com/style/style.css file get rid of the highlighted:

a:active {
color: #3E2C08;
font-size: 9pt;
font-family: Myriad, Arial;
text-decoration: none;
text-align: center;
}

The browser cache may need to be cleared and/or the page refreshed to see changes.

ailisWesties
08-22-2012, 01:39 AM
OMG you are my hero!! I would never found that in a million years! Thanks so much!!