PDA

View Full Version : Help with IE activeX risk thing

taraschi
01-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Fixed Tool Tip Script

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/fixedtooltip.htm

--

I'm using this script in an image map and was successful in firefox but in IE, i'm getting that stupid tab thing that alerts you about blocked popups and blocked activeX controls.

the bar thing says that an ActiveX control has been blocked (i can unblock it and use the script but i don't want this to happen to other people!)

ALL i have on this page is the script above, the image, and the image map.

The other thing is, the script does NOT produce one of those security risk bars when i'm on the Dynamic Drive page with the demo

PLEASE help

jscheuer1
01-09-2006, 10:57 PM
That only happens locally as a security measure. As far as IE is concerned, javascript is ActiveX. Click on the bar and click on allow and click on yes. Once your page is live, this will not happen. You can also give your page 'the mark of the web'. That way it will not display the security bar locally either. Put this right after your <html> tag like so:

<html>
<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->
<!-- this and above comment should be removed for live, non-demo use -->
<head>

But, navigating away from the page to another local page, or including another local page on it via a frame or an iframe can be problematical if said page does not also have 'the mark of the web' on it.

taraschi
01-09-2006, 10:58 PM
thanks so much. that won't be a problem once it's live. again though, thanks i never would have figured that out

JRS
05-19-2006, 09:50 AM
Was having the same problem with two exceptions. My ultimate goal is to create a web page that displays 100+ PDFs from a CD. The "mark of the web" seems to work for a web page; but, if the web page has a link to a PDF; there's no option to add the mark <sigh>.

What is the workaround or is there some more standard way for creating a CD that will likely have a flash presentation, a powerpoint presentation, 100+ PDFs and a couple of web pages ?

jscheuer1
05-19-2006, 05:59 PM
I seem to remember Acrobat Pro v7 having something in the save options for that. Something to do with CD presentation in a browser or such.