PDA

View Full Version : Connecting & Querying SQL without webserver access

pli
07-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Hi all,

I have a bit of a conundrum that I was hoping you guys can help toss ideas with. Is there any way to connect to a SQL (via ODBC or JDBC) with only JS? I don't have access to the web server and can't create PHP/ASP scripts for the actual query. I also can't get access to create a web service to perform any JSONP or XML responses.

From what I've seen, the only available is an ActiveX connection but I'm a bit leery about that with all the security issues.

Is there any other way you guys can think of by using strictly on JS to query a SQL DB?

Much thanks!

EDIT: I know: "Javascript cannot access your database. If you've got a MySQL or SQL Server database on your server, you cannot use Javascript to access it directly - you'll need to use a server-side language (e.g. PHP, ASP etc) for that." but there is a ActiveX workaround. Just wondering if there was any other option.

bernie1227
07-18-2012, 11:01 PM
I don't know about any ActiveX workarounds, but wouldn't it just be simpler to download a localhost serve so that you can run php on your own computer, ie, wamp.