PDA

View Full Version : My J Query multi level menu has gone haywire

webwoman
07-16-2012, 12:05 AM
1) Script Title: jQuery Multi Level CSS Menu #2

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/csslibrary/item/jquery_multi_level_css_menu_2/

3) Describe problem: I have been using this menu - which I love - on a number of sites, one of which no longer works properly and I have no idea why. The dropdowns won't stay down once you move off the top header. :confused: Could someone please help me? It's on this site http://www.molecreek.info

ddadmin
07-16-2012, 06:00 AM
The link to your site you posted appears broken to me...

bernie1227
07-16-2012, 06:04 AM
The link to your site you posted appears broken to me...

that's odd, it works for me

keyboard
07-16-2012, 06:14 AM
Fine for me too...

Also, the dropdown menu worked fine when I checked it out... what browser are you using?

bernie1227
07-16-2012, 06:35 AM
Fine for me too...

Also, the dropdown menu looked fine when I checked it out... what browser are you using?

Looks fine? I think he's complaining that the drop down menu doesn't stay down.

keyboard
07-16-2012, 06:44 AM
Edited my above post... on the submenus, it seems to work fine!

bernie1227
07-16-2012, 06:49 AM
Anyway, so when did it stop working?

webwoman
07-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Hi guys. I don't know exactly how long it's been playing up, but it was up for 3 years before that working perfectly. I use Firefox and have tried it in IE as well. It seems to start off OK but then the dropdowns start pulling back up when you shift down off the main header. I have the menu on other sites and it's fine. I've taken some stuff off the homepage in case it was causing problems but it made no difference.

ajfmrf
07-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Odd, a bad link for me too.

"server not found"

webwoman
07-17-2012, 11:46 PM
I don't know what's been happening with the server error. I'm not getting that - but my menu still isn't working correctly. Can anyone help me please?

jscheuer1
07-18-2012, 05:49 AM
Servers can be up and down and/or traffic between them and you can vary so much that sometimes they cannot be found.

I found it, no problem. Adding background will help (jqueryslidemenu.css):

.jqueryslidemenu ul{
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
list-style-type: none;
background-color: #fff;
}

And possibly a negative top margin:

.jqueryslidemenu ul{
margin: -1px 0 0 0;
padding: 0;
list-style-type: none;
background-color: #fff;
}

webwoman
07-18-2012, 07:00 AM
John, I can't thank you enough. That did the trick and it's back to working perfectly now. I am puzzled, though, that I uploaded the revised css file, and it's obviously working, but when I go to http://www.molecreek.info/jqueryslidemenu.css it shows the file without its modifications. I've been tearing my hair out over the menu's flakey behaviour, so I'm not going to drive myself mad over this point - just can't understand it. :D

jscheuer1
07-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Looks right to me. You must have a cached version of it somewhere. When you get to that file, refresh the browser. It should look OK then.

webwoman
07-18-2012, 12:22 PM
I refreshed and even cleaned out my hard drive and it still came up the old way. But now I can see it's changed, which I knew it must have done to be working properly. Something else has changed now. The link colour is supposed to be white - it was white - and now it's black, same as the hover colour. I'm definitely losing it!

But I sincerely appreciate your help in fixing my original problem!

jscheuer1
07-18-2012, 01:05 PM
That's what it's set to, well actually just off black (jqueryslidemenu.css around line 39):

.jqueryslidemenu ul li a:link, .jqueryslidemenu ul li a:visited{
color: #333;
}

If you remove the highlighted it should revert to white. However, once visited the links will be #333 again. So it's better to leave that as is, changing only the color:

.jqueryslidemenu ul li a:link, .jqueryslidemenu ul li a:visited{
color: #fff;
}

webwoman
07-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Feeling foolish; I knew it must be there in front of me, but kept missing it. Thanks you so much for your time and patience.:o