PDA

View Full Version : Preview of content on mouse over

inthephilippines
11-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Hi. I'm new here and as my name implies "I am from the Philippines". I have started to read and you all are very helpful. I just find this pop up window that gives me a preview of the message inside the thread title when mouse over (without clicking the link yet, I can already peek on what's inside. Can you share the script for this? Is this still html?

cr3ative
11-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Yes, it is. It's a link title, use this template for creating links:

<a href="http://www.site.com" title="The title of site">Link text</a>

cr3ative

inthephilippines
11-15-2004, 06:12 PM
I tried this but the content of the link is not showing. For my example, i use the tutorial.htm as the link.

The content of tutorial.htm is

Just looking just trying
Just looking just trying
Just looking just trying
Just looking just trying

After encoding the html code, on mouse over, the word "Tutorial" came out. What I'm trying to do is is on mouse over, show the content of tutorial.htm which is

Just looking just trying
Just looking just trying
Just looking just trying
Just looking just trying

Just like the one in this forum.
Did I miss on some codes or instruction.

cr3ative
11-15-2004, 06:40 PM
The forum automatically creates the hyperlinks, probably with CGI, I don't know.

So if you look at the source of one of those, it's just got the text typed out there.
I don't know the first thing about making the script read another HTM to automatically make a title.. I'd just do it manually if I were you.

cr3ative

inthephilippines
11-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I've checked the source code of the forum thread and the floating script was inside the title ="-". It is just amazing that the coding (or is that called scripting?) makes it automatic for the system to copy the html of another page.

inthephilippines
11-16-2004, 03:18 PM
BTW, I have another question, related to this also but I don't know if it supposed to be posted here under HTML or it needs to be posted on another subject.

Again on mouse over (without clicking yet), a menu pop up but this time it is clickable. Example the linked text is PARENTING. when mouse over parenting, it displays a menu like this one:

BABY
TODDLERS
PRE-TEENS
TEENS

These are all clickables. Anybody knows how to do this?

simonf
11-17-2004, 03:34 AM
Why not see http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/index.html as there are many menus you could use to do what you are looking for. rgds,Simonf

inthephilippines
11-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Just what I needed! Thanks for providing the link. BTW, those codes are no longer under HTML category right?