PDA

View Full Version : Vertical and Horizontal Smooth Navigational Menu issue

charlieboy
06-27-2012, 06:42 PM
1) Script Title: Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.51)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddsmoothmenu.htm

3) Describe problem: Hi there. I'm using both a horizontal and vertical menu on my page http://www.creativeph.co.uk/image-direct/complete-supply-solution/image-office/products/5-star.htm
The problem I'm having is that when you hover over either the 'about us' or 'complete supply solution' drop down on the horizontal menu it looks to interlock with the vertical one below it. I'm guessing it's something to do with the z-index of the divs they are each in. I've set the z-index of both the 'navbar' div which contains the horizontal menu and the 'ddsmoothmenu' div class to '100' and both the 'sidemenu' div which contains the vertical menu and the 'ddsmoothmenu-v' div class to '50', but it hasn't made any difference. Can anyone please advise where I'm going wrong?

Also, just continuing from this, you'll notice that on the vertical menu I'm using right arrows which change colour when you hover over them. This has been achieved thanks to DDAdmin from last year kindly providing me with the attached js file. What I'm noticing though is that there is a slight difference in the speed that the grey background changes to blue and the blue arrow changes to white. Is there anything I can do to synchronize them more?

Many thanks in advance
Paul

jscheuer1
06-28-2012, 01:33 AM
In your creativeph.co.uk/image-direct/css/styles.css file, change:

#navbar {
z-index: 100;
}

to:

#navbar {
z-index: 1000;
position: relative;
}

About the custom script and the timeout before the arrow image changes, use this version:

This version will also allow you to use a down arrow in a horizontal menu if you choose, it will be hovered as (if you create it) an _over version of itself like the right arrow currently is. Except there will be no delay in the hover of either the down (if used) or right arrow.

The browser cache may need to be cleared and/or the page refreshed to see changes.

charlieboy
07-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Hi John

Many thanks for the reply, it's all worked a treat. Thank you so much.
Kind regards
Paul