PDA

View Full Version : jQuery Gooey Menu

gjhunter
06-19-2012, 06:56 PM
1) Script Title: jQuery Gooey Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/gooeymenu.htm

3) Describe problem: Hi, I have loaded the gooey menu onto my master page. I also have images that use a lightbox to popup and display content. But when I keep the lightbox hyperlink, the menu doesn't slide. It just sets still.

So I'm assuming there's a conflict with having a lightbox set?? When I remove the hyperlink to the lightbox, the menu slides again. I'm using an .html fragment to load the <header> script.

Any suggestions on a workaround.

The page is here: www.trusttherecruit.com/testing/membership.html

The lightbox is on the "Weekly Flexibility" image --

gjhunter
06-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Also, how can you get the button to stay on the "Menu you clicked"?

It defaults back to the first loaded menu??

Is there a trigger that can be changed to do what #4 menu does?

I just didn't want a border image; I still wanted to use my own image.

Thanks.

ddadmin
06-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Regarding the potential script conflict, inside gooeymenu.js, try commenting out the below line:

//jQuery.noConflict()

Also, how can you get the button to stay on the "Menu you clicked"?

Check out the following thread: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63461

gjhunter
06-20-2012, 03:48 AM
Thanks,

I tried //jQuery.noConflict() but it still didn't work. Is there anything else I could try out?

I also tried that code insert for the menu to stay on the "clicked" active selection. But that did not work for me.

gjhunter
06-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Hi, Do you know any other things I could try to work around the lightbox issue?

ddadmin
06-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Hmm playing around with your page it seems the dual references to jQuery in your page might be the culprit. Try removing the below reference in the HEAD section of your page:

<script type="text/javascript" src="wpscripts/jquery.js"></script>

gjhunter
06-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Okay, I will try to look there. It has to be something within the program script right? Also, I would like to use my own image for the #4 menu script, so it can stay on the "clicked page". Or is there something else I can try to get #1 script menu to stay on the click page?

ddadmin
06-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Hi gjhunter:
Lets work through the issue with the menu not working at all first, and then get to the other portion of your question. :)

gjhunter
06-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Okay :-) sounds good... I will contact the program maker to have them look at both scripts together and I will get back with you?? Will that work?

I appreciate your help and advice.