PDA

View Full Version : Animated Collapsible not working with Chrome

dfaust
06-16-2012, 05:51 PM
1) Script Title: Animated Collapsible DIV

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/animatedcollapse.htm

3) Describe problem: This script has been working fine for me for several years. Now, with Chrome it does not function properly. I am using v. 2.0. Would updating to v2.4 cause it to work with Chrome?

jscheuer1
06-16-2012, 10:51 PM
The demo page for version 2.4 on Dynamic Drive works fine here in Chrome 19.0.1084.56 m, which I believe is the latest (Chrome updates automatically in the background).

So, it's worth a shot.

First make sure the demo page on Dynamic Drive is working for you in your Chrome. If not, perhaps one or more settings in your Chrome browser are the problem.

It's also possible that there's something about your implementation that's causing the problem. That could be non-standard HTML and/or HTML that doesn't fit the template for the script closely enough for Chrome. And/or a slightly different approach to the javascript than is laid out on the demo page.

If the demo page works OK for you in your Chrome, it shouldn't hurt to update. Make a backup of what you have first, just in case.

If you're still having problems and want more help:

Please include a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

dfaust
06-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks, John for your helpful suggestions. The demo page on Dynamic Drive works for me in chrome so I took the next step and pasted your demo code into my page. It also worked for me in Chrome but my code still did not. What I noticed about the difference between your code and mine is that you use varying heights for your divs. I have been using height=80px for all of mine and up until now they worked fine. So I changed the height and voila!

My question now is how do I know what height to set for each div?
My code is on this page: http://www.hollandfamily.us/11exum8calvin_testpage.htm
You will see your test example; scroll down to "Minnie," my first instance of the animated collapsible. It works because I changed the height from 80 to 1080. The instances that follow it are not changed but they work in I.E. but not in Chrome.

I have many instances of this throughout my site so trial and error on the height would be ... not a good way to go. Thank you so much for your help.