PDA

View Full Version : Menu problem

koenbosquet
11-12-2004, 11:49 AM
I am trying to use one of ur menus. I customized them and everything works... except online. When I surf to my webpage I get the following error: "StartTop is not defined" and I cant see the menu (while I can see it off-line). What am I doing wrong?

cr3ative
11-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Which menu? Are you using multiple scripts?

Refer to the forum stickies about how to lay out your post and then report back.
A link is in bold red in my signature.

cr3ative

koenbosquet
11-16-2004, 12:57 PM
HV Menu v5.5 (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm)

I get the message: StartTop is not defined

var M_StrtTp=StartTop,M_StrtLft=StartLeft;

function ClcTrgt(){
var TLoc=Nav4?FrstLoc.document.layers[TargetLoc]:DomYes?FrstLoc.document.getElementById(TargetLoc):FrstLoc.document.all[TargetLoc];
StartTop=M_StrtTp;
StartLeft=M_StrtLft;
if(DomYes){
while(TLoc){StartTop+=TLoc.offsetTop;StartLeft+=TLoc.offsetLeft;TLoc=TLoc.offsetParent}}
else{ StartTop+=Nav4?TLoc.pageY:TLoc.offsetTop;StartLeft+=Nav4?TLoc.pageX:TLoc.offsetLeft}}

Funny thing is, Offline it works fine

cr3ative
11-16-2004, 01:49 PM
This may be because the menu.js (or similar) file can't be found by the script.
Check your online paths.

cr3ative

niceguy
01-17-2005, 03:39 PM
Hi, I was having the same error message.

I'm using Menubuilder and the webpage loads fine when on the local HD

I have 2 java scripts

The first hold the variable values and the second hold the functions.

I copied the variable in to the script that hold the functions but I still get the error but at a different line number. This would imply that the script is being read.

Any help would be welcome or if someone can tell me another program that I can use to create the menu.

Thanks

ddadmin
01-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Hi Niceguy:
Unfortunately if you have 2 JavaScripts on the same page, that's most likely the cause of the problem- a script conflict. You'll need to try removing one of them to see if that changes anything.