PDA

View Full Version : Iframe SSI script II - Help Please!

tealc
01-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Hi Guy's,

I tell ya this one has got me going in circles! I'm a jack of all scripts a master of none :-) go easy on me please...

Here is the problem -

I'm using the Iframe SSI II script within a table on the following site: www.abalsecurity.com/main.html

Works perfect in IE but not in FF trouble is i dont want to loose the ability to expand the table as that helps expand the background to the size of the page...

Any ideas on how to get this working the same way in Firefox would be greatly appreciated...

Tealc...

jscheuer1
01-05-2006, 08:19 AM
First off, please replace the script credit:

<script type="text/javascript" src="iframe.js">

/***********************************************
* IFrame SSI script II- Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (http://www.dynamicdrive.com)
* Visit DynamicDrive.com for hundreds of original DHTML scripts
* This notice must stay intact for legal use
***********************************************/

</script>

"This notice must stay intact for legal use".

The script does not appear to be operating at all on your page in FF. I think that may be because another script is preventing it from doing so. Try reversing the order of these script calls to see what happens (I've also removed the language attribute, it has been deprecated in favor of the type attribute, lowercase is preferred for these tags as well):

* IFrame SSI script II- Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (http://www.dynamicdrive.com)

</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="align.js">
</script>

Make it:

<script type="text/javascript" src="align.js">
</script>

</script>

This might do it or align.js might need to be edited to load as the iframe script does:

if (window.addEventListener)
window.addEventListener("load", DoReposition, false)
else if (window.attachEvent)
window.attachEvent("onload", DoReposition)
else
window.onload=DoReposition

in place of:

window.onload=DoReposition;

There could be other problems.

tealc
01-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Have tried your suggestions, with no luck :-( I decided to try a standard template page as the default page to load into the iframe window. Funny thing is it worked... Weird! (Though it still didn't resize when i clicked a link to another page, the window stayed the same size as to when it opened with the template page at about 1000px)?

Its like the script or something cant read the size of my pages for some reason in FF... Yet the pages load perfect in FF on there own, then i suppose FF doesn't have to determine the page size to display it in a standard window...

Thanks for your help, Mad Professor

Tealc...

corbinb2
01-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Important note about using this script and Firefox....

The content of the page being inserted (iframe src) cannot use tables. If it does Firefox will not display properly and will have scroll bars. I did a few days worth of research and came across mention in this forum about tables not being a good idea, and decided to pursue that further.

Once I changed my iframe src page content to text/graphic only format, it popped it in perfectly with Firefox and auto-resized the way the script should. This prob does help you if your iframe src page needs to use tables, but this will help most that I have seen on this forum having FF problems with this script.

Notes...

With the style display attribute set to visible or auto, FF will temporarily show scroll bars which will disappear once the page is full loaded. You can stop this by setting the style display attribute to hidden.

Such a simple solution....Hope this helps everyone who was having FF issues with this script.