PDA

View Full Version : Fade-In Pic Covers Menu

DuaneNelson
06-04-2012, 02:34 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.4) and AnyLink CSS Menu v2.3

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm and http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/anylinkcss.htm

3) Describe problem: The picture for the fade-in script is coming in front of the drop down portion of the menu. For an example, Mouseover "more" in the menu found at:

http://mhnaz.org/index-template.html

I believe it has something to do with the z-index in the css. I would like to know how to adjust the Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow or the AnyLink Menu to make sure the menu dropdown appears in front of the fade-in pics. Right now the only z-index I can find is within the css of AnyLink. It shows:

.anylinkcsscols {
position: absolute;
left: 0;
top: 0;
visibility: hidden;
border: 1px solid black;
padding: 10px;
font: normal 12px Verdana;
z-index: 100; /*zIndex should be greater than that of shadow's below*/
background: #DEFFCA;
}

If anyone can give me some direction, I would truly appreciate it.

Duane

vwphillips
06-04-2012, 12:08 PM
move the anylinkcss divs to just before the </body> tag and give a z-Index of 1001

<div id="new_here" class="anylinkcss" style="z-Index:1001;">
<ul>
<li><a href="visit.html" title="What to expect on your first visit">First Visit</a></li>
<li><a href="identity.html" title="Who we are">Who We Are</a></li>
<li><a href="pastor.html" title="Want to meet our pastor?">Meet Pastor</a></li>
<li><a href="contact.html" title="How to connect with our church">Connect with Us</a></li>
</ul>
</div>

<div id="message" class="anylinkcss" style="z-Index:1001;">
<ul>
<li><a href="jesus.html" title="Who is Jesus?">Who Is Jesus?</a></li>
<li><a href="beliefs.html" title="What are the Nazarene beliefs?">Our Beliefs</a></li>
<li><a href="mission.html" title="Find out more about our local mission and vision">Our Mission</a></li>
<li><a href="allheadlines.html" title="Recent news and events">Blog Headlines</a></li>
<li><a href="lists/?p=subscribe" title="Subscribe to Our E-mail Lists">Subscribe to eLists</a></li>
</ul>
</div>

<div id="ministry" class="anylinkcss" style="z-Index:1001;">
<ul>
<li><a href="heavenlyhelpings.html" title="Heavenly Helping - Low-cost Grocery Program">Heavenly Helpings</a></li>
<li><a href="services.html" title="Ministry areas of service">Services</a></li>
<li><a href="vba.html" title="Vacation Bible Adventure">VBA</a></li>
<li><a href="each.html" title="Everyone A Chance to Hear">EACH</a></li>
</ul>
</div>

<div id="more" class="anylinkcss" style="z-Index:1001;">
<ul>
<li><a href="prayerneeds.html" title="If you have a prayer request, we will pray...">Request Prayer</a></li>
<li><a href="evites.html" title="E-vites friends and family to church">E-vites</a></li>
<li><a href="downloads.html" title="From wallpaper to permission slips">Downloads</a></li>
</ul>
</div>

</body>

</html>

DuaneNelson
06-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Worked perfectly. I don't think I would have figured that out in a million years.

Thank you!!