PDA

View Full Version : All Levels Navigational Menu breaks in IE

rad1964
06-04-2012, 12:54 AM
1) All Levels Navigational Menu (v3.02)

2) http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddlevelsmenu/

3) Describe problem: Not working as intended in Internet Explorer

If you go to your URL of the script in IE, you will notice that there are double arrows and sub-menus can not be clicked on, they disappear before you can click them.

I inherited a site from a developer who used version 3.01 of the script for the menu items. I see now that the script is updated to version 3.02, however on your site and the example, I am seeing the same problem, with the double arrows and non navigatable sub-navs.

I notice v. 3.02 was as recent as March.. but something has happened in the browser world or world of Microsoft updates negating the navigations functionality.

PS - I believe I am using IE8

Thanks,
Robert aka rad1964

rad1964
06-04-2012, 01:05 AM
I did update the js file with the 3.02 code, same problem persists.

ddadmin
06-05-2012, 02:12 AM
Hmm not sure yet why this is happening, as I see the issue on the DD script page, testing the menu on a blank page doesn't seem to trigger the same issue (in IE8 that is). Inside ddlevelsmenu.js, try commenting out the below line:

//if (document.attachEvent && parent.length>0) //account for page being in IFRAME, in which above doesn't fire in IE
//this.addEvent(window, function(){functionref()}, "load");

Any change?

rad1964
06-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Yes! This worked, at least in Internet Explorer 8.. I do not have any other version ATM.

Thank you for the fix.

I also noticed that when you download the example and open up on your local machine that it works as intended. odd.

Robert aka rad1964