PDA

View Full Version : Step carousel not working as FB page tab in Firefox

stina1983
05-10-2012, 11:04 AM
1) Script Title: Step Carousel Viewer v1.9

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/stepcarousel.htm

3) Describe problem: Script not working as a facebook page tab in Firefox. Works fine in IE.

I've been working with the script since yesterday, modifying the look of it, adding content, etc. It works fine locally in both IE and Firefox. I then proceeded to upload it to our server to get it working as a Facebook tab. Works beautifully in IE, but in Firefox the images show up on a row layered behind the rest of the content.

Besides this script i have a script for a contact form, the Facebook JS SDK (which I actually might not need(?), as I have no FB elements in the code. And a script for setting the iframe to autoheight (and actually i might not need this one either) Other than that, some standard HTML, metatags and and images.

EDIT: I should add that I work locally in .html and before I upload I change it to .asp. Otherwise it won't work in the tab :)

Anyway. Does anyone know why it is acting up in the facebook page tab but only in Firefox, and also if there's a way around it?

ddadmin
05-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Hmm it could be that either the .js or .css file associated with the script isn't loaded properly. Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

stina1983
05-18-2012, 10:56 AM
My apologies for not responding sooner. I got the slider working on Facebook and in Firefox today. I have no idea what I did, to be honest. But it works and I'm pleased. The result is here: http://www.facebook.com/radikalevenstre/app_132717143524206

I do have another question though, after the slider is done sliding my four images - is there any way to make it start over?

ddadmin
05-18-2012, 11:28 PM
I do have another question though, after the slider is done sliding my four images - is there any way to make it start over?

Assuming your carousel is set to auto rotate, once it reaches the end, it should automatically start over (using either a "pushpull" or "slide" animation). Is this not the case for you?