PDA

View Full Version : Need Advise On Browser Detection/Redirection

rickjwilliams
01-01-2006, 09:10 PM
:D Hello, And A Happy New Year To Everyone

I have been designing my website with FrontPage. And I Test it with IE6. When I decide to test it with FireFox. Some the images were not in the same location. And the back ground music did not play.

QUESTION: Is the a common abnormality with different browsers?:confused:

So I was thinking, Well, what about browser detection, and/or redirection! So that if the visitor is using FireFox redirect to IE and open.

Am I correct in thinking this?

Would appreciate some input, and if possible, so me the code that will handle this.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

mwinter
01-01-2006, 10:00 PM
When I decide to test it with FireFox. Some the images were not in the same location. And the back ground music did not play.

QUESTION: Is the a common abnormality with different browsers?:confused:No. Just between IE and decent browsers (IE is a poor piece of software). Test in Firefox (or some other decent browser like Opera) first, then IE afterwards.

So I was thinking, Well, what about browser detection, and/or redirection!Unreliable.

So that if the visitor is using FireFox redirect to IE and open.

Am I correct in thinking this?No. That would mean that you'd have to write and maintain two sites, which really is far more work than necessary.

Mike

rickjwilliams
01-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Ok I will do this.

Rick