PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a script Please!

sos-mn
01-01-2006, 07:26 AM
I really could use some help finding a script that would Disable the <FILE>
<SAVE AS> drop down menue from the IE toolbar!

I'm just starting out in the web page buliding game and could really use some help with this one.
I have some one saving my and stealing my images!

PLEASE HELP!!

jscheuer1
01-01-2006, 09:19 AM
If you mean the image toolbar, look at this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6809). Be sure to read the entire thread as there is a good way to do this and a not so good way.

sos-mn
01-01-2006, 10:03 AM
No Sir,
I was not refering to the I.E. 6 Image tool bar.
What I am trying to disable is when a visitor to my site clicks on FILE at the top left of the IE window and chooses Save As in the drop down menu and saves my entire page and all image files associated with it to their My Documents folder.

sos-mn

jscheuer1
01-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Ah well, what you are asking cannot be done with javascript. There are many threads in these forums where this type of issue has been discussed to death. The upshot is, "Why bother?" What's so important about your site that it cannot be protected by copyright?

There are all kinds of schemes to prevent the saving of content, none of them are hack proof. If it is on the web, it can be copied.

sos-mn
01-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Ah well, what you are asking cannot be done with javascript. There are many threads in these forums where this type of issue has been discussed to death. The upshot is, "Why bother?" What's so important about your site that it cannot be protected by copyright?

There are all kinds of schemes to prevent the saving of content, none of them are hack proof. If it is on the web, it can be copied.
Yes Sir,
I understand that this cat and mouse game is a losing battle!

But the small private organization that I'm building the site for is concerned about keeping the so called honest people honest as they are being Harrassed by Wanna Bees within their organization that don't really understand what the WWW is all about but still think they should be able to display their Logos and such an still hang on to their false sense of security in doing so.
I realize that nothing on the web is Hack proof. I'm just trying to find something to keep the Wanna Bees of my back.

Can you give me an example of these previous threads you mention so I read up on the issue?
sos-mn

Twey
01-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Tell them that's what copyright is for :)
For more info, click "Search" at the top, and search for "disable file save as".