View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.0) 2.4 works locally but not on server

04-13-2012, 01:47 PM
1) Script Title: Dynamic Drive DHTML Scripts- Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.0) 2.4

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: This script was previously working on a website I did about a year ago. When I reuploaded the index page, it does not work on the server. It does, however, work locally.

Here's the link

There is another script on the page - Advanced Random Images

I have done a bit of troubleshooting and now am at a loss. I replaced the code to 2.4, also replaced the fadeslideshow.js. I tried taking out the code and placing it in a new document. Still no images. I have checked my cases on file names and paths. I also tried replacing the doctype.

The code is in a template which is attached to the index page. I have detached the template and placed it in the page and it still doesn't work. (This was done so it is locked since the company does it's own updates)

I am on a mac, using dreamweaver. I have checked on a pc and it doesn't work there either.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

04-13-2012, 03:04 PM
There could also be other problems but the HTML code on the live page is all one continuous line. There should be numerous line breaks in it as I'm sure there are in your local copy that works. If you cannot get the live page to have line breaks where it needs them, you will have to carefully recode the on page javascript so it can function as a continuous line.

This perhaps happened if your host server, in an effort to conserve disk space and bandwidth decided to compress everyone's HTML code into one line, or it may have been something you did, perhaps not even realizing it. Some editor's upload routines will do this automatically without telling you. Or it could be a checkbox - something like 'compress html'.

If it's something you did, knowingly or unknowingly, simply restore the line breaks to the page.

If it's your host, your stuck, you will have to recode the on page javascript. I can help you with that when I have more time.

In any case, if it's working locally, probably the only fatal problem is this wrapping of the HTML code on the live page.

Regardless of the solution, if you're using both jQuery and Lightbox on the same page, consider switching to Slimbox2 for the Lightbox duties. It's jQuery based so will save you a lot of bandwidth and is less likely to conflict with other jQuery based scripts. See:


for more info on using Slimbox2.