PDA

View Full Version : Browser Problems Smoothmenu

aitch1952
03-26-2012, 04:37 PM
1) Script Title: smoothmenu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddsmoothmenu.htm (this script came on the site I was handed)

3) Describe problem: client's site: http://healthyskinnaturally.com

When I hover over the word "Products" in the navigation in FF, I get a horizontal scroll bar. In Chrome, the page jumps a little when you hover/Click on "Products."

The attachment shows 1165px, but I have searched the entire site and can't find this number. I'm pretty sure it's what's causing the problem.

Horizontal scrollbars are a usability no-no.

Can someone PLEASE help me fix this problem? What is going on? And why is this referencing an external ajax script?

I am having problems with browsers other than Chrome which still works fine, nothing happens when I hover over the menu items other browsers. This has worked fine until recently in all browsers.

www.longleyantiques.info

Thank you Harry

jscheuer1
03-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Please post new questions in a new thread like here where I've moved this.

Looks and works about the same in Opera, IE (has one misplaced shadow* and a styling problem on the non-drop down items Site Map and Information in IE 9 and IE 9's IE 8 mode), and Firefox, as in Chrome here.

*When hovering over Services, and then its drop down, in all browsers there's an extension that comes from markup left over from the demo. If it's sub menu is activated, its shadow is off in IE 8 and 9. That entire section should be removed though.

I'd try getting rid of the highlighted including that red ul tag:

<li><a href="services.htm">Services</a><font color="#FFFFFF"> </font>
<ul>
<li><a href="Forthcoming_events.htm">Forthcoming Events</a></li>
<li><a href="metalware.htm">Announcements</a>
<li><a href="SiteMap.htm">Search</a></li><ul>

<li><a href="feedback_page.htm">Feedback Form</a></li>
<li><a href="services.htm">Sub Item 2.1.2</a></li>
<li><a href="services.htm">Folder 3.1.1</a><font color="#FFFFFF"> </font>
<ul>
<li><a href="services.htm">Sub Item 3.1.1.1</a></li>
<li><a href="services.htm">Sub Item 3.1.1.2</a></li>