PDA

View Full Version : of All Levels Navigation Menu, sub menu closes in I.E.

barry106
03-17-2012, 08:56 PM
1) Script Title: All Levels Navigational Menu (v3.02)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddlevelsmenu/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I have had version 2.0 on my website for some years. During this time have I noticed that the first level drop down did not always work correctly.

Yesterday I discovered that there was a newer version availabe and downloaded this. I read the entry regarding fixing a bug with sub menu disappearing after clicking on a top menu item. This is the problem I had, however, I would describe the action as 'hovering' rather than 'clicking'. I have read a previous post where there was a discussion about 'hovering' and 'clicking' but the technical aspects were beyond me. I have done nothing to remove the click event. Should I have done this for version 3.2?

I replaced my version 2.0 code with the 3.2 code but I still have the same thing happen when using Internet Explorer version 9.

I am using an HP laptop with Windows 7 Home Edition.

Here is a link to one of the pages affected:

www.twojays.co.uk\search\alpha_k.htm

There are pages for each letter of the alphabet should you find it helpful to look at other occurancies.

I have also tested this using Chrome; Firefox version 9; Opera version 11.6 and Safari. It appears to work properly using all of these.

barry106
03-21-2012, 12:57 PM
I am adding to this for a couple of reasons:

1. My question is unanswered.

2. There was an answer for this query that I read and replied to. The suggested solution was to use an updated css file called 'ddsmooth'. My response was that the original downloaded files did not include a css file of this name. Having sent my reply I checked to see if I had had a reply to this and discoverd that both the original reply and my reply had disappeared!

Could someone explain this please?
Can I get an idea of whether or not and if so when I can expect a response please?

Many thanks