PDA

View Full Version : Anylink Dropdown & Popup script

Raven2911b
12-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Hello all

I have just signed up because this is the first problem I have encountered, but my search of the posts (and around the net in general) has not alleviated my problem. I have been trying to figure out how to remove scroll bars, menubars, define a specific window size, etc... of a dropdown link (I just discovered its called chromless). I used a script in another web (intranet, sorry) and it works very well. I am just struggling on how to get the two scripts to talk to one another.

First, here is the popup script that I use.

<SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
<!--
function pop2(mylink, windowname)
{
if (! window.focus)return true;
var href;
if (typeof(mylink) == 'string')
href=mylink;
else
href=mylink.href;
window.open(href, windowname, 'menubar=0,status=0,width=600,height=700,scrollbars=no');
return false;
}
//-->
</script>

Next, this is the call I use to access it and it works great.

<A HREF="ctl_panel700.htm" onClick="return pop2(this, 'notes')" style="text-decoration: none">
<font color="#FFFFFF">STATUS PAGES </font> </a>

Now, the Anylink Dropdown script (which is brilliant, by the way) is where im having the problem.... i think. Here is the script that I tried to use to no avail

menu2[0]='<a href="soccphn.htm" onclick="return pop2(this, 'notes')">SOCC Phone List</a>'

Would any kind soul have any insight on where I messed up?

Thank you in advance

Raven

jscheuer1
12-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Use:

menu2[0]='<a href="soccphn.htm" onclick="return pop2(this, \'notes\')">SOCC Phone List</a>'

Note: Single quotes (') used inside a quote delimited string that is itself delimited with single quotes must be escaped with the \ slash. Otherwise, they are seen as the end of the string.

Raven2911b
12-22-2005, 04:40 PM
I cannot thank you enough.....
that works incredible.

Raven