View Full Version : audio carried through pages

12-22-2005, 04:23 AM
i am trying to embed an audio file into my site. i am using this code

<EMBED height="96" SRC="../audio/santaclausiscomintotown.aif" autostart="true" hidden="true" volume="100" loop="true" type="audio/mpeg" width="128">

is there a way to carry this audio over while people go to different pages on my site? in other words, i want the same song played on every page in my site, but i dont want it to restart on every page. is this possible? if i need javascript or anything besides html, can you explain how i would do it? thanks so much.

12-22-2005, 04:50 AM
The most straightforward way I know of (there could be a better way) is to make your site a frameset. Have one page in the frameset always loaded and have that be a page with just the embedded sound on it. If you want to be clever you can have that frame be only one pixel high and/or one pixel wide with no scrollbars or border. You could then have just the one other frame taking up practically the whole frameset to display the rest of the site in normally.

12-22-2005, 05:04 PM
sweet. thanks, ill try that.

12-22-2005, 06:27 PM
i made a page with the audio file embedded in it and i made the mage 774(the width of all my other pages)x8. i also made it the same color as my other pages. yet, when i combine the regular pages and the frame page into frames, its all screwed up. it looks like this now:

12-22-2005, 06:47 PM
That is not the proper way to do a frameset page. No body tag or content other than the frameset (and anything you might want to put inside of the <noframes></noframes> tag for non-frames capable browsers) is allowed. The framset does just that. It sets the frames for the site. All content is to be made available through it on the pages named in the src attributes of the individual frames.

12-22-2005, 06:54 PM
so you mean make a new page just for the frame? i did that just now and it does the same thing. sorry, i havent used frames in a long time, so im not totally up to par with how to use them. thanks

12-22-2005, 11:35 PM
nevermind, i got it...i just had doubles of stuff.